Position Summary: Prepares schedules of home care clients and assigns home health caregivers. Documents and tracks assignments and changes to scheduled care. Interacts with both patients and caregivers on the phone, text and emails.
Reports To: Director of Clinical Services
Position Status: Non-exempt
Schedule: generally Monday thru Friday office hours but may have a variable schedule to meet patient needs including weekends and on-call
- Promotes an organizational culture based on excellence, integrity, trust, and collaboration.
- Promotes and role models the brand, vision, mission, and values.
- Complies with external rules and regulations and organizational policies and procedures for area of responsibility.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature.
- Demonstrate effective conflict resolution, team building and positive communication skills when interacting with others.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance.
- Meets measures as determined and required by job productivity and performance improvement.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of timesheets.
- Responds to voicemail and email promptly, accurately, and professionally.
- Attends staff meetings as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Assigns visits to appropriate caregivers according to ordered frequency and duration as well as payor approval. Confirm assignments.
- Cancels and reschedules caregivers for patient assignments within timeframe established.
- Ensures appropriate utilization of staff: matching credentials and skills with the appropriate assignments; ensuring full time staff are working full time hours, minimizing use of contract staff.
- Ensures staff are scheduled to maximize productivity.
- Advises Director of Clinical Services of additional caregiver needs as assignments dictate as well as any scheduling challenges that arise.
- Maintains current schedule of patient visits, assigned caregiver(s) and visit times in computer.
- Serves as liaison with contract agencies to schedule patient assignments.
- Updates on-call personnel with caregiver assignments.
- Performs data entry of visits for billing/tracking purposes.
- Perform other duties as requested by Clinical Director to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the organization.
- Within scope, problem solves patient and employee complaints.
- Answer the telephone, screens and routes all incoming telephone calls to the appropriate staff member or take messages according to office policy and procedure.
- Communicates with RN Case Managers regarding patient needs and provide feedback from patients.
- Exercises superior customer service skills.
- Responds to email, voicemail or telephony messages, promptly, accurately, and professionally;
- Asks questions of team members and supervisors when needing clarification about various day-to-day issues or patient needs;
All staff are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate manager. In addition, staff are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities. All staff must attend mandatory educational programs
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaborative team member.
- Has the ability to prioritize multiple demands.
- Ability to complete simple mathematical calculations.
- Must possess self-motivation and independent work habits.
- Must exercise confidentiality regarding the affairs of clients, staff, their families, and TrueCare business.
- Communicates effectively to ensure safety on the job and safe patient cares.
Must be able to pass a TrueCare physical examination at commencement of employment and thereafter as regulations require.
- 2 years of Scheduling or Customer Service Experience.
- High School or Vocational School graduate.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Superior customer service skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Previous health care experience.
- Associates degree in business or related field.